Thursday, February 15, 2018

Shiffrin wins giant slalom and the Gold in PyeongChang

Despite personal reservations, Mikaela Shiffrin earned her second Gold meal and first in giant slalom competition with a time of 2 minutes, 20.02 seconds. Shiffrin succeeded in besting proficient skiiers Moelgg and Brignone of Italy, and Mowinckel of Norway. On Friday, Shiffrin returns to compete in slalom.

https://twitter.com/MikaelaShiffrin/

From CBS Sports, "To be honest, it's incredible but for me the biggest thing is with my GS, it's so special in how it's been building this year, and since Sochi" (in 2014), Shiffrin said. "I got fifth in Sochi, I was two-tenths off the podium, and I thought,  I'm not the best GS skier so I don't deserve to win a gold medal or even a medal in GS. At that time I set a goal to, you know, become the best GS skier in the world, and some of my GS skiing right now, it's so incredible and to be able to put a run, that run I was really taking risks and fighting for it and I'm so happy for that."


Read MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment